About Me

My photo
Little geek girl and her dog shouting out at the world

Wednesday 13 April 2011

First Post, First Quilt


So many moons ago in university I took an extra curricular course in quilting.  I made a couple of pillows and really, really dug it.   However, I never had the time/space to really get into it. 

Now I'm going to plunge back into the world of quilting starting with this Patchwork Pets' Quilt.

The above photo is how I'm going to lay out the patches, it only took me an hour to figure out a pattern that would conform to my O.C.D.  Yeah, I'll never quite get into 'crazy quilts' because I'm always looking for a pattern.   Here, I've tried to go blue, rust, white, black and group like patterns together.

I'm going to try to just wing this as I've had experience before with quilting and I surely know how to sew.  Plus, unlike 16 years ago, I have the magic of the internets to guide me if I have any questions about quiliting.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Nice patchwork layout, that'll look very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete