About Me

My photo
Little geek girl and her dog shouting out at the world

Thursday 14 April 2011

Obama Here I Come!

So in less than a week I am going to Washington freakin' D.C.!

Never been there and am going for 6 days to just check out the 'sitch'. 

Really, last night I got down my yellowed copy of  Democracy in America thinking I'd be all Melanie Griffith in that horrible remake of 'Born Yesterday'.  But calmer heads prevailed when after 3 pages and realizing this time could be better spent plotting out my trip.

Things I'm most excited about:
  1. First up I haven't been to the United States (or as I call it 'The Old Country' thanks to a grandfather who gave up a farm in Illinois in exchange for a farm in Alberta) since 1994.
  2. Grits, which you can't get here.  I'm going to eat them every day for breakfast and bring home a million packages.
  3. Going to the same cathedral the Kennedy's went to for Easter Sunday.  
  4. Lincoln Memorial
  5. Archie Bunker's chair
  6. White House
  7. Washington metro which is apparently is super safe
  8. Looking for the Obama family grocery bag that I saw someone in Toronto toting about a month ago
So get ready DC, I'm coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment